Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Caterham Driving Experience
Our Caterham experience gives you 6 laps behind the wheel of this thrilling little car at our Heyford Park circuit, it’s the nearest thing to a Go-kart, with your bottom just inches from the floor! Super light to help it accelerate, corner and stop – great fun for any level of driver!
The Caterham 7 is a super light weight sports/performance car which delivers classic British sports car thrills at a blistering pace. With an in-line 4, 16 valve engine and a max power of 140 Bhp this little car can reach 122 Mph with a 0-60 Mph of 5.3 seconds.
CREATE A BESPOKE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
Create a bespoke experience by adding additional cars – click on the ‘show cars’ button for pricing and to add extra drives.
Video Packages subject to availability at the event.
Photo Pack 1:
One folder mounted 9×6 print OR £15 off in-car filming.
Photo Pack 2:
One folder mounted 9×6 print and the rest of your pictures on a CD OR £25 off in-car filming.
HIGH SPEED PASSENGER RIDE
A great adrenaline fuelled way to round up your day, add a high speed lap of the track in one of our performance vehicles with a professional driver at the wheel.
- Printed A5 Voucher and Gift Letter
- Welcome and registration
- Tea or coffee for driver on arrival
- Classroom style briefing on safety
- Shared Circuit tour
- 6 laps driving the Caterham 7
- Commemorative certificate on completion
- Children, friends and family are welcome to spectate at no extra charge.
- Voucher Valid for all Friday and Saturday Events
- Vouchers Valid for 12 months
- Voucher Gift packs can be sent via post or email
- Gift pack includes: Purchase confirmation, Gift Voucher and Gift Letter
This driving experience takes place at our exclusive Heyford Park, Oxfordshire, Venue. Events are available on selected Fridays and Saturdays throughout the year, please click on the available dates button below for a comprehensive list of dates.
PLEASE ALLOW FOR A MAXIMUM 2 HOURS AT THE VENUE – TO INCLUDE SIGN ON, BRIEFING AND THE DRIVING EXPERIENCEHow to book
Receiving a Voucher
After checkout we will send you a voucher for your unique experience and a gift letter that has all the information you need to book your Driving Experience.
Booking the Experience
A simple phone call is normally enough to get your experience booked, call us on 01869 277112 between 9 am and 5.30 pm or email [email protected] Full joining instructions with directions and information about your day will be emailed to you.
Sit back and enjoy the Experience! Our own Heyford Park venue welcomes spectators of all ages for a fun day out with all the family. Information on finding us and about your day are available on the venue page.
- Expect to be at the venue for between two & three hours depending on the number of cars you are driving.
- Family, friends and children are welcome to spectate.
- Bicester Heritage does not allow dogs but we do allow dogs on leads at our Heyford Park venue.
- All drivers must own a valid and full manual driving licence.
- This experience is subject to our Terms and Conditions and purchase of this voucher implies compliance and acceptance of our Terms and Conditions, found on the bottom right hand side of our website.
- Minimum age is 17 years, min height is 5ft and max height 6’6”. Max weight is 18 stone. Please call us if you have any questions about your height or weight.
- Vouchers are valid for 12 months from purchase.
- A full list of dates is available above on our venue page for both Bicester Heritage and Heyford Park.
- Light refreshments will be available to purchase.
- Viewing is available for spectators.
- For information on local restaurants and places to stay please visit the venue information page.
- Directions and information will be emailed once the date is booked. Once confirmed your drive date is not transferable.
- Events will only be cancelled for snow & ice. Any last minute information regarding weather will be on our voicemail outside of office hours and on our Facebook page.
- Both our venues at Bicester Heritage & Heyford Park are conveniently located between London and Birmingham, close to Bicester Village with easy access from the M40.
These are the most frequently asked questions – for more please see the Info Tab – How it Works!
DO I NEED A FULL DRIVING LICENCE?
Except for Junior Drives or Passenger Rides, a full manual driving licence is required. Ensure you read the T’s and C’s associated with each product before purchase. If you only have an automatic licence there are some cars you can drive – please calls for details.
DO I DRIVE ON MY OWN?
No, all of our cars have instructors in at all times. Safety is our top priority and at our own venue, Heyford Park, all cars are fitted with dual controls.
HOW DO I KNOW WHERE TO GO AND WHAT TO BRING ON THE DAY?
Once a date is booked and confirmed you will be sent detailed confirmation of your experience with all necessary joining instruction.
CAN FRIENDS AND FAMILY ATTEND?
At our venue, Heyford Park, spectators of all ages are welcome and subject to availability there may be some Pay On the Day experiences available. Ensure you read the Terms and Conditions associated with each product before purchase.
CAN I BUY PHOTOS/VIDEOS ON THE DAY?
Yes, we have professional event day photographers who via wireless send images to our data centre, this enables you to view pictures from your experience on the day and choose the ones you wish to buy. We also offer in car video which can be viewed in our data centre. This is subject to availability and we do not run in car video in all cars, please ask on the day if you would like in car video and we can advise availability.
CAN I TAKE MY OWN PHOTOS/VIDEO?
Our designated spectator area is next to the pit lane so lots of opportunity to take a few pictures or video footage of the cars going out onto the circuit.
HOW DO I BUY A VOUCHER?
You can purchase all driving experiences through our fully secure website, alternatively call 01869 277112 between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday and one of our customer advisers will be happy to take your booking over the phone.
HOW LONG WILL MY VOUCHER BE VALID FOR?
All vouchers are valid for 10 months (unless otherwise stated).
IF I ORDER A VOUCHER WHEN WILL I RECEIVE IT?
Orders received before 2pm are typically sent first class on the same day, however please allow up to 3-5 working days for delivery.
WHAT WILL I GET IN MY VOUCHER PACK?
Your voucher pack will contain a gift letter explaining the experience to the lucky recipient and a voucher. There will also be a letter to the purchaser confirming the details of the experience. All of our envelopes are unmarked.
CAN I BOOK A VOUCHER FOR A SPECIFIC DATE?
If you wish to book a voucher for a specific (fixed) date then please call 01869 277112, we run on selected Fridays and Saturdays throughout the year.
I HAVE A VOUCHER AND WANT TO BOOK A DATE, HOW DO I DO THAT?
The booking telephone numbers should be detailed on the information sent out. If you have any queries then do give us a call on 01869 277112.
CAN I CHANGE MY BOOKING DATE AFTER IT IS CONFIRMED?
Yes, however an administration charge is applicable; please see our full terms and conditions page.
I CAN’T MAKE THE DATE OR TIME NOW – WHAT CAN I DO?
If you are unable to make the event you are able to transfer your drive to a friend or family member. Just give us a call on 01869 277112 so that we can update the driver name. If you are unable to find someone to take your drive we will do our best to move you to another event, however, we cannot guarantee availability and an administration charge will be payable.
BAD WEATHER WARNINGS/EVENT CANCELLATION
We have only ever cancelled due to extreme weather conditions. In the highly unlikely event of a cancellation our website will show a pop up box advising this, we will also post to Facebook and Twitter and do our utmost to contact you on the phone number you have given us to let you know. If you call our office on 01869 277112 there will be a message advising how to rebook your experience and we will rebook you onto the next available date.
2017 Event Dates
Heyford Park, Oxfordshire
Running on selected Fridays and Saturdays throughout the year.
Friday 3rd March
Saturday 11th March
Friday 17th March
Saturday 25th March
Friday 7th April
Saturday 8th April (+ First Drive)
Friday 21st April
Saturday 22nd April
Friday 5th May
Saturday 6th May (+ First Drive)
Friday 19th May
Saturday 20th May
Friday 2nd June
Saturday 3rd June (+ First Drive)
Friday 16th June
Saturday 17th June
Friday 30th June
Saturday 1st July (+ First Drive)
Friday 7th July
Friday 14th July
Saturday 22nd July
Friday 4th August
Saturday 5th August (+ First Drive)
Friday 18th August
Saturday 19th August
Friday 1st September
Saturday 2nd September (+ First Drive)
Friday 15th September
Saturday 16th September
Friday 29th September
Saturday 30th September
Friday 13th October
Saturday 14th October (+ First Drive)
Friday 27th October
Saturday 28th October
Friday 10th November
Saturday 11th November (+ First Drive)
Friday 24th November
Saturday 25th November
Saturday 2nd December
Friday 8th December
2017 Event Dates
Bicester Heritage, Oxfordshire
Running on selected Wednesdays and Saturdays throughout the year.
Wednesday 21st June
Saturday 29th July
Max Power: 140 bhp
Max Torque: 105 lb ft
In-line 4, 16v
Five-speed manual, RWD
0-60 in 5.2 secs
Max Speed: 122 mph