Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Shared Kids First Drive Experience
If you are looking for a fun way to introduce your kids to driving, this shared junior first drive experience is for you. This friendly and relaxed event will help attendees get a head start in-car control as early as age 10. Shared junior first drive experiences are led by one of our experienced instructors who will give a fun yet safe experience. The instructors have their own brake and engine switch, allowing them to safely stop the vehicle at any time.
This offer is for one junior driver out of a maximum of three pupils sharing a car and instructor for a two-hour fun experience. After a classroom-style introduction to the fundamentals of driving, they will climb into the car where each child will have 2 sessions driving of around 15 minutes each. We also offer an exclusive first drive experience, for a higher price. Or if they are confident enough, we offer junior super driving experiences. Alternatively, if you want to treat them to a rollercoaster-style high-speed lap with one of our professionals behind the wheel, check out our junior passenger rides.
The driver is assessed individually and the shared junior first drive experience is tailored to each individual’s requirements. When not driving the children will be watching and learning from the next driver to maximise the learning and enjoyment they gain from the day.
We aim to get each pupil to be able to pull away smoothly, steer correctly and stop safely, subject to capability drivers will also be shown gear changing, using mirrors, positioning the car and even reversing. Shared junior first drive experiences are available one Saturday per month between March and November, see our events calendar here.
Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. If you want to book a fixed date then please call us for availability before purchasing. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment. Please read our Terms and Conditions which you can find at the bottom of the page.
- Shared 2 hour experience with experience Instructor
- Classroom style introduction to driving
- 2 driving sessions at 15 minutes per child
- Individual assessment and tips for improvement
Restrictions for First Drive:
Minimum age is 10 yrs. Min height is 4ft 10in. max is 6’6″. Parent or guardian must be present to sign disclaimer forms. If you have any concerns or questions over our restrictions then please give us a call.
FIRST DRIVE AT HEYFORD PARK – AVAILABLE DATES
Shared junior first drive experiences are available one Saturday per month between March and November.
Receiving a Voucher
After checkout we will send you a voucher for your unique experience and a gift letter that has all the information you need to book your Driving Experience.
Booking the Experience
A simple phone call is normally enough to get your experience booked, call us on 01869 277112 between 9 am and 5.30 pm or email [email protected] Full joining instructions with directions and information about your day will be emailed to you.
Sit back and enjoy the Experience! Our own Heyford Park venue welcomes spectators of all ages for a fun day out with all the family. Information on finding us and about your day are available on the venue page.
- Expect to be at the venue for between two & three hours depending on the number of cars you are driving.
- Family, friends and children are welcome to spectate.
- Dogs are allowed on leads at Heyford Park.
- All drivers must own a valid and full manual driving licence. Automatic licence holders can drive automatic cars.
- This experience is subject to our Terms and Conditions and purchase of this voucher implies compliance and acceptance of our Terms and Conditions, found on the bottom right hand side of our website.
- For licence holders, the minimum age is 17 years, min height is 5ft and max height 6’6”. Max weight is 18 stone. Please call us if you have any questions about your height or weight.
- For Junior Supercar Drives, the minimum age is 11 years, maximum age 17 years without a licence. Must be a minimum of 5 foot tall.
- Full price vouchers are valid for 12 months from purchase and special offers may be valid for shorter time, subject to offer.
- A full list of dates is available above on our venue page for Heyford Park.
- Light refreshments, hot and cold food will be available to purchase. We have a picnic benches outside and seating inside.
- Viewing is available for spectators.
- For information on local restaurants and places to stay please visit the venue information page.
- Directions and information will be emailed once the date is booked. Once confirmed your drive date cannot be moved within 14 days. We make a charge of £30 to chagne the date more than 14 days in advance.
- Events will only be cancelled for snow & ice. Any last minute information regarding weather will be on our voicemail outside of office hours and on our Facebook page.
- Heyford Park isconveniently located between London and Birmingham, close to Bicester Village with easy access from the M40.
These are the most frequently asked questions – for more please see the Info Tab – How it Works!
DO I NEED A FULL DRIVING LICENCE?
Except for Junior Drives or Passenger Rides, a full driving licence is required. Ensure you read the T’s and C’s associated with each product before purchase. If you only have an automatic licence you can drive the automatic Supercars – please calls for details.
DO I DRIVE ON MY OWN?
No, all of our cars have instructors in at all times. Safety is our top priority and at our own venue, Heyford Park, all cars are fitted with dual controls.
HOW DO I KNOW WHERE TO GO AND WHAT TO BRING ON THE DAY?
Once a date is booked and confirmed you will be sent detailed confirmation of your experience with all necessary joining instruction.
CAN FRIENDS AND FAMILY ATTEND?
At our venue, Heyford Park, spectators of all ages are welcome and subject to availability there may be some Pay On the Day experiences available.
CAN I BUY PHOTOS/VIDEOS ON THE DAY?
Yes, we have professional event day photographers who via wireless send images to our data centre, this enables you to view pictures from your experience on the day and choose the ones you wish to buy. We also offer in-car 360 degree videos in nearly all of the cars which can be viewed in our data centre and downloaded on to a smart phone or tablet. Details of the App will be sent with your confirmation.
CAN I TAKE MY OWN PHOTOS/VIDEO?
Our designated spectator area is next to the pit lane so lots of opportunity to take a few pictures or video footage of the cars going out onto the circuit.
HOW DO I BUY A VOUCHER?
You can purchase all driving experiences through our fully secure website, alternatively call 01869 277112 between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday and one of our customer advisers will be happy to take your booking over the phone or you can purchase online and call us to book the date during office hours.
HOW LONG WILL MY VOUCHER BE VALID FOR?
All full price vouchers are valid for 12 months, special offers may have shorter redemptions. Black Friday offers must be redeemed by 30/5/2020.
IF I ORDER A VOUCHER WHEN WILL I RECEIVE IT?
Orders received before 12 noon are typically sent first class on the same day, however please allow up to 3-5 working days for delivery.
WHAT WILL I GET IN MY VOUCHER PACK?
Your voucher pack will contain a gift letter explaining the experience to the lucky recipient and a voucher. There will also be a letter to the purchaser confirming the details of the experience. All of our envelopes are unmarked.
CAN I BOOK A VOUCHER FOR A SPECIFIC DATE?
If you wish to book a voucher for a specific (fixed) date then please call 01869 277112, we run on selected Fridays and Saturdays throughout the year.
I HAVE A VOUCHER AND WANT TO BOOK A DATE, HOW DO I DO THAT?
The booking telephone numbers should be detailed on the information sent out. If you have any queries then do give us a call on 01869 277112.
CAN I CHANGE MY BOOKING DATE AFTER IT IS CONFIRMED?
We allow date changes up to 14 days in advance of your event, but we do make a charge of £30 to cover our administration costs. Please see our full terms and conditions page.
I CAN’T MAKE THE DATE OR TIME NOW – WHAT CAN I DO?
If you are unable to make the event you are able to transfer your drive to a friend or family member. Just give us a call on 01869 277112 so that we can update the driver name. If you are unable to find someone to take your drive we will do our best to move you to another event, however, we cannot guarantee availability and an administration charge will be payable.
BAD WEATHER WARNINGS/EVENT CANCELLATION
We have only ever cancelled due to extreme weather conditions such as snow and ice. In the highly unlikely event of a cancellation our website will show a pop up box advising this, we will also post to Facebook and do our utmost to contact you on the phone number you have given us to let you know. If you call our office on 01869 277112 there will be a message advising how to rebook your experience and we will rebook you on to the next available date. Events are not cancelled for forecast rain.
2020 Supercar & Classic Car Driving Experience Dates at Heyford Park, OX25 5HA
- Friday 31st January
- Saturday 1st February
- Friday 13th March
- Saturday 14th March
- Friday 10th April
- Saturday 11th April
- Friday 22nd May
- Saturday 23rd May
- Friday 26th June
- Saturday 27th June
- Friday 17th July
- Saturday 18th July
- Friday 14th August
- Saturday 15th August
- Friday 11th September
- Saturday 12th September
- Friday 9th October
- Saturday 10th October
- Friday 13th November
- Saturday 14th November