Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Shared Kids First Drive Experience
If you are looking for a fun way to introduce your kids to driving, this shared junior first drive experience is for you. This friendly and relaxed event will help attendees get a head start in-car control as early as age 10. Shared unior first drive experiences are lead by fully qualified, ADI certified, veteran motorsport drivers who pride themselves on providing a fun yet safe experience. The instructors have their own brake and engine switch, allowing them to safely stop the vehicle at any time.
This offer is for 3 pupils sharing a car and instructor for a two-hour fun experience. After a classroom-style introduction to the fundamentals of driving, they will climb into the car where each child will have 2 sessions driving of around 15 minutes each. We also offer an exclusive first drive experience, for a higher price. Or if they are confident enough, we offer junior super driving experiences. Alternatively, if you want to treat them to a rollercoaster-style high-speed lap with one of our professionals behind the wheel, check out our junior passenger rides.
The driver is assessed individually and the shared junior first drive experience is tailored to each individual’s requirements. When not driving the children will be watching and learning from the next driver to maximise the learning and enjoyment they gain from the day.
We aim to get each pupil to be able to pull away smoothly, steer correctly and stop safely, subject to capability drivers will also be shown gear changing, using mirrors, positioning the car and even reversing. Shared junior first drive experiences are available one Saturday per month between March and November, see our events calendar here.
Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. If you want to book a fixed date then please call us for availability before purchasing. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment. Please read our Terms and Conditions which you can find at the bottom of the page.
- ADI Instructor
- Shared 2 hour experience
- Classroom style introduction to driving
- 2 driving sessions at 15 minutes per child
- Individual assessment and tips for improvement
Restrictions for First Drive:
Minimum age is 10yrs. Min height is 4ft 10in. max is 6’6″. Parent or guardian must be present to sign disclaimer forms. If you have any concerns or questions over our restrictions then please give us a call.
FIRST DRIVE AT HEYFORD PARK – AVAILABLE DATES
Shared junior first drive experiences are available one Saturday per month between March and November.
Receiving a Voucher
After checkout we will send you a voucher for your unique experience and a gift letter that has all the information you need to book your Driving Experience.
Booking the Experience
A simple phone call is normally enough to get your experience booked, call us on 01869 277112 between 9 am and 5.30 pm or email [email protected] Full joining instructions with directions and information about your day will be emailed to you.
Sit back and enjoy the Experience! Our own Heyford Park venue welcomes spectators of all ages for a fun day out with all the family. Information on finding us and about your day are available on the venue page.
- Expect to be at the venue for between two & three hours depending on the number of cars you are driving.
- Family, friends and children are welcome to spectate.
- Bicester Heritage does not allow dogs but we do allow dogs on leads at our Heyford Park venue.
- All drivers must own a valid and full manual driving licence. Automatic licence holders can drive automatic cars.
- This experience is subject to our Terms and Conditions and purchase of this voucher implies compliance and acceptance of our Terms and Conditions, found on the bottom right hand side of our website.
- For licence holders, the minimum age is 17 years, min height is 5ft and max height 6’6”. Max weight is 18 stone. Please call us if you have any questions about your height or weight.
- For Junior Supercar Drives, the minimum age is 11 years, maximum age 17 years without a licence. Must be a minimum of 5 foot tall.
- Full price vouchers are valid for 12 months from purchase and special offers are valid until 07/12/19.
- A full list of dates is available above on our venue page for both Bicester Heritage and Heyford Park.
- Light refreshments, hot and cold food will be available to purchase. We have a picnic benches outside and seating inside.
- Viewing is available for spectators.
- For information on local restaurants and places to stay please visit the venue information page.
- Directions and information will be emailed once the date is booked. Once confirmed your drive date is not transferable.
- Events will only be cancelled for snow & ice. Any last minute information regarding weather will be on our voicemail outside of office hours and on our Facebook page.
- Both our venues at Bicester Heritage & Heyford Park are conveniently located between London and Birmingham, close to Bicester Village with easy access from the M40.
These are the most frequently asked questions – for more please see the Info Tab – How it Works!
DO I NEED A FULL DRIVING LICENCE?
Except for Junior Drives or Passenger Rides, a full driving licence is required. Ensure you read the T’s and C’s associated with each product before purchase. If you only have an automatic licence you can drive the automatic Supercars – please calls for details.
DO I DRIVE ON MY OWN?
No, all of our cars have instructors in at all times. Safety is our top priority and at our own venue, Heyford Park, all cars are fitted with dual controls.
HOW DO I KNOW WHERE TO GO AND WHAT TO BRING ON THE DAY?
Once a date is booked and confirmed you will be sent detailed confirmation of your experience with all necessary joining instruction.
CAN FRIENDS AND FAMILY ATTEND?
At our venue, Heyford Park, spectators of all ages are welcome and subject to availability there may be some Pay On the Day experiences available.
CAN I BUY PHOTOS/VIDEOS ON THE DAY?
Yes, we have professional event day photographers who via wireless send images to our data centre, this enables you to view pictures from your experience on the day and choose the ones you wish to buy. We also offer in-car 360 degree videos in nearly all of the cars which can be viewed in our data centre and downloaded on to a smart phone or tablet. Details of the App will be sent with your confirmation.
CAN I TAKE MY OWN PHOTOS/VIDEO?
Our designated spectator area is next to the pit lane so lots of opportunity to take a few pictures or video footage of the cars going out onto the circuit.
HOW DO I BUY A VOUCHER?
You can purchase all driving experiences through our fully secure website, alternatively call 01869 277112 between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday and one of our customer advisers will be happy to take your booking over the phone or you can purchase online and call us to book the date during office hours.
HOW LONG WILL MY VOUCHER BE VALID FOR?
All full price vouchers are valid for 12 months, special offers must be redeemed by 07/12/19.
IF I ORDER A VOUCHER WHEN WILL I RECEIVE IT?
Orders received before 2pm are typically sent first class on the same day, however please allow up to 3-5 working days for delivery.
WHAT WILL I GET IN MY VOUCHER PACK?
Your voucher pack will contain a gift letter explaining the experience to the lucky recipient and a voucher. There will also be a letter to the purchaser confirming the details of the experience. All of our envelopes are unmarked.
CAN I BOOK A VOUCHER FOR A SPECIFIC DATE?
If you wish to book a voucher for a specific (fixed) date then please call 01869 277112, we run on selected Fridays and Saturdays throughout the year.
I HAVE A VOUCHER AND WANT TO BOOK A DATE, HOW DO I DO THAT?
The booking telephone numbers should be detailed on the information sent out. If you have any queries then do give us a call on 01869 277112.
CAN I CHANGE MY BOOKING DATE AFTER IT IS CONFIRMED?
We allow date changes up to 14 days in advance of your event, but we do make a charge of £30 to cover our administration costs. Please see our full terms and conditions page.
I CAN’T MAKE THE DATE OR TIME NOW – WHAT CAN I DO?
If you are unable to make the event you are able to transfer your drive to a friend or family member. Just give us a call on 01869 277112 so that we can update the driver name. If you are unable to find someone to take your drive we will do our best to move you to another event, however, we cannot guarantee availability and an administration charge will be payable.
BAD WEATHER WARNINGS/EVENT CANCELLATION
We have only ever cancelled due to extreme weather conditions such as snow and ice. In the highly unlikely event of a cancellation our website will show a pop up box advising this, we will also post to Facebook and do our utmost to contact you on the phone number you have given us to let you know. If you call our office on 01869 277112 there will be a message advising how to rebook your experience and we will rebook you on to the next available date. Events are not cancelled for forecast rain.
2019 Supercar & Classic Car Driving Experience Dates at Heyford Park, OX25 5HA
- Saturday 26th January
- Saturday 23rd February (Junior & First Drive sessions)
- Saturday 23rd February
- Friday 8th March
- Saturday 16th March
- Friday 29th March
- Saturday 30th March (Junior & First Drive sessions)
- Friday 12th April
- Saturday 13th April
- Friday 26th April
- Saturday 27th April (Junior & First Drive sessions)
- Friday 10th May
- Saturday 11th May
- Friday 31st May (Junior & First Drive sessions)
- Saturday 1st June
- Friday 7th June
- Saturday 8th June (First Drive sessions)
- Friday 21st June
- Saturday 22nd June (Junior & First Drive sessions)
- Friday 5th July
- Saturday 6th July (First Drive sessions)
- Friday 19th July
- Saturday 20th July (Junior & First Drive sessions)
- Friday 9th August
- Saturday 10th August (First Drive sessions)
- Friday 16th August
- Saturday 17th August
- Friday 30th August (Junior & First Drive sessions)
- Saturday 31st August
- Friday 13th September
- Saturday 14th September (First Drive sessions)
- Saturday 21st September (Junior & First Drive sessions)
- Friday 27th September
- Friday 11th October
- Saturday 12th October (Junior & First Drive sessions)
- Friday 25th October (Junior & First Drive sessions)
- Saturday 26th October
- Friday 8th November
- Saturday 9th November (Junior & First Drive sessions)
- Saturday 23rd November
- Friday 29th November
- Saturday 7th December
Classic Car Experiences at Bicester Heritage, OX26 5HA
- Saturday 18th May 2019
- Saturday 27th July 2019
- Saturday 23rd November 2019