U Drive Cars provides small to medium size driving events to a high standard, to ensure that all of our customers have a memorable, exciting and smooth running experience. We own all of our car fleet, bringing in extra cars as required from time to time. Our cars are serviced and maintained to the highest standards in our own workshops. Unlike many other Driving Experience companies U Drive Cars is run by people that really understand motorsport and the standards required.
We have operated at Heyford Park since 2001, this fantastic facility is ideally suited to all forms of driving events which makes it ideal for Driving Experiences and Corporate Driving days. The cars are prepared to the highest standard in our own workshops by experienced technicians, who also attend each event to ensure all is done to enable you to complete your experience. Safety is our priority, therefore our own fleet cars are fitted with dual controls.
All instructors meet our high standards and are chosen for there all round ability and friendliness. Many have competed in motorsport and have vast experience. Their job is to help you to get the most out of your Experience whilst keeping you as safe as possible.
Managing Director Paul Davis, has an enviable 40 year motorsport history, a large amount of this at senior level having been involved with many of Tom Walkinshaw Racing and the TWR Group key programs from 1979 – 2001.
Some of Paul’s career highlights:
- From 1979-84 British, Belgian, French, European and Australian Touring cars with Mazda, Audi, Rover and Jaguar.
- From late 1984-88 World Sports Cars with Jaguar including Le Mans and Daytona 24hrs.
- From 1988-92 Paul led the set up of a TWR /Jaguar joint venture which became Jaguarsport, working on the XJR, XJR-S, XJ220 and XJR-15 programs.
- From 1992-94 he Project managed the Aston Martin DB7 engineering program, this involved every thing from the clay model right throughout to production at the Bloxham factory.
- From 1994 to 2001 Paul worked on many Engineering and Racing projects including Lamborghini Diablo, Saab 9-3, Volvo C70 and Clio V6 along with engine and vehicle programs including engines for :- Oldsmobile in Indy cars and Opel in DTM, Ducati super bike , Volvo V40 BTCC, DB7 I6 and Clio V6.
In conjunction with this Paul was responsible for several TWR Divisions including TWR Engines, TWR Composite Manufacturing(Astec), TWR Machining and TWR Racing totaling around 1200 staff.
Paul’s great all round experience helps to ensure that you have the maximum amount of fun in a safe environment at a tightly run event.
Paul’s son, Craig is the workshop and event support supervisor. He has competed with great success in motorsport from the age of ten, driving solo from the age of 7 and racing Minis from 10 to 13 yrs old. Craig won his first championship aged 12, moving onto karts at national level from 12 -15 yrs competing in Super 1 and Champions of the Future. Then onto single seaters from 16 yrs, from this he has developed a good back ground in vehicle preparation and event support, he also uses his experience to good effect as an instructor too. Craig has two daughters to take all of his spare time now. Well most of it when not fishing!
U Drive Cars encourage children to drive, our Junior Driving Experience is an excellent opportunity to make this happen. Paul’s daughters, Ellie & Georgie, both been driving since they were 8 and drive at every opportunity- much to their classmates disbelief!
We like to know your views on our business and if you have any feedback good or bad please let us know. If you have any concerns at an event, please discuss these with Paul Davis or your Event Manager. We will listen and try to resolve any concerns you have straight away.